Re: Epiphany very unstable

On 26/06/11 19:33, Julien Sellos wrote:

> Yes I'm Using Ubuntu 64 bits version

Can you install the following packages: gdb, epiphany-browser-dbg,
libwebkitgtk-1.0-0-dbg, libsoup2.4-dbg and run Ephy from gdb in a
terminal window:

  gdb /usr/bin/epiphany-browser

Then enter "run" from the gdb prompt. When epiphany next crashes, type
"backtrace" at the gdb prompt and copy the first screen of the trace
into an email to the list.

> Yet I don't understand why every one is talking about epihpany 3.0 since
> my system can't see any version more recent than 2.30 and on the
> website, stable version is 2.30 and currently developped is 2.31???
> Is it that http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany isn't the epiphany website
> anymore?
>
> looking for v3.0 I found some files but I'm surprised that every
> apparently official link leads to 2.30

I am using the GNOME3 Team PPA[0], since Ubuntu did not package 3.0 for
Natty. It is being included in Oneric however. The PPA includes Ephy 3.0.

//Mike

[0] - https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.