Re: GNOME-JAVA Bugs

Hi Paul,

Paul ONeil schreef op do 23-06-2011 om 04:07 [+0000]:

> I have two problems with my Debian install:
>
> 1.) Can't MOUNT the Diskette Drive

In any recent Linux distribution, mounting external drives should be
done automatically. However, you should probably ask on a Debian-related
forum instead of on this list.

> 2.) Can't attach files to online Emails in Epiphany or Iceweasel.
>
> Using GNOME ver. 2.30.2, but can't seem to find the JAVA Console in
> either Epiphany or Iceweasel.

As far as I know, if you have the Java plugin installed, you should be
able to enable the console by going to System > Preferences > Sun Java
plugin control panel > Advanced > Java console. But I don't see how this
has anything to do with attaching files to emails.

> No, I can't find a GNOME blog to ask these questions either.
>
> I'm outta the microsloth swamp but lost in the Linux woods. Any
> direction appreciated.

The Web is littered with forums and mailing lists where you can ask
questions about Linux. Linuxquestions.org might be a good place to
start.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen