Problem in Unicode Bengali font rendering

There is a problem in rendering bengali Unicode font in epiphany.
Plz check the website http://www.anandabazar.in/index.html which is
popular bengali news paper, using unicode font.
I first thought it may be due to webkit's layout but I found google
chrome render the fonts correctly, as firefox also.

Though, the website does not site epiphany as tested site, (but cited
g-Chrome) but it says:(in http://www.anandabazar.in/no_bangla.html )
that : For accessing this website you will need right combination of
Operating System and browser.

But isnt Unicode is supposed to be independent of this?
I have Lohit-Bengali font.
and here is my machine:
$ uname -rsi
Linux 2.6.35.13-92.fc14.i686 i386

--
Rudra
JRF; SNBNCBS

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
stops. On my desk I have a work  station.

Please, if possible, don't  send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments
Why?See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html