Re: can't do netbanking with the browser

We have discussed this user agent string issue before here a little while ago and I did a summary write up on it for future use:�http://web.ncf.ca/adamandruth/ubuntu2.html#12May11

- Adam

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Matt Read <matt mattread com> wrote:
use gconf-editor and look in apps/epiphany. you can set the user-agent
string in there. Google will find you firefox or chrome one easily ;)

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:27 AM, robert caterina
<robert caterina scarlet be> wrote:
> Hy there,
> � � � � I want to use "epiphany-browser" to realize some netbanking
> operations but it doesn't work. A message says that the browser is not
> authorized to connect to the bank and i have to use an other one
> (firefox or safari...) which i don't want to. I think this problem is
> probably related to the identity of the browser not being listed in the
> bank's authorized list of browser. Is there a way to tell
> epiphany-browser to take a fake identity such as firefox or so? Where do
> i find the config file to modify? Also, i can't see some video's
> although the flashplayer plugin is installed (there are icons showing "
> missing plugin" on the screen).
> How can i correct all this?
> Thanks for the help
>
> Greetings