Does epiphany supports basic authentication?

I just switched to Epiphany this weekend to give it a spin. I noticed I can't access the sites using basic authentication, not sure whether I used the term right, basically the sites using pop up dialogue for me to input the user name and password. Instead of prompted for ID, I received "You are not authorized to view this page" error.
BTW, I'm running Epiphany 2.30.2 comes with fedora 13.
Thanks for the helps.