Re: Using V8 as the JavaScript engine in Epiphany

Hi Ryan,

El vie, 28-05-2010 a las 20:19 -0400, Ryan Oram escribió:
> I was just wondering if you guys looked into using V8 as Epiphany's
> JavaScript engine. Google open-sourced it under the BSD license so
> there would be no legal issues with using it.
>
> http://code.google.com/intl/sv/apis/v8/intro.html

v8 is -as far as i know- in WebKit's source tree, it's available as an
alternative to the main JavaScript implementation. That's what I
understand but I haven't really get into that part of WebKit's huge code
base.

Trying to build the v8 engine might prove as an interesting experiment
for someone, but it has to be done in WebKitGTK+ and not in Epiphany
since we just reuse that.