Re: Stop Epiphany from opening File Manager

Op zaterdag 09-01-2010 om 08:14 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Diego
Escalante Urrelo:
> El vie, 08-01-2010 a las 15:21 -0800, decomp505 escribió:
> > I enjoy using epiphany but I everytime I download a file, epiphany
> > opens my
> > file manager in the folder where the file was downloaded. I would
> > prefer not
> > to have epiphany perform this action. Is there any way to disable
> > this?
> This is the default behavior when files are downloaded somewhere not in
> the Desktop, that's the Desktop itself or a folder in it.
> So downloading to /home/decomp/Desktop/incoming/ doesn't open nautilus,
> downloading to /home/decomp/projects/gnome/ *does* open nautilus.
>
> I have hit situations when this was a bit problematic, maybe a gconf key
> for it wouldn't be bad... mmm. Ideas, anyone?

I find this behaviour highly annoying as well. I think a clean solution
for this issue is related to the notification bubble. Instead of opening
the file browser, a notification bubble with two buttons on it would be
shown:

  +------------------------------+
  | Download of ‘foo.pdf’ to     |
  | ‘/path/to/file’ is complete. |
  |    [Open Folder] [Open File] |
                            \/

This approach would stop Epiphany from opening new windows automatically
(this is annoying... we have a popup blocker as well for good reason),
while the user is still assisted in locating or opening the just
downloaded file.

    — Wouter