Including extensions in Vala?

Since I learned that Python was being dropped as a language for extensions I've been working on porting my bookmark synchronisation extension (epilicious), first to Seed (which I gave up on after a short while) and then to something that compiles natively. C is too painful I find, so I opted to write the extension in Vala (with some minor pieces in C since there are no Vala bindings for Epiphany yet).

IIRC I still have commit rights, but I'm hesitant to push a change that introduces new dependencies. Should I keep this extension out of the official tree (maintaining it as a patch), or should I push it?

I don't care too much either way really.

I should add that I have the intention of rewriting the extension in Seed at some point in the future. At the time (before the 2.28 release) Seed was simply to much work to bother with. I'm sure this will change, especially if/when libgee can be used from within it.

/M