Re: Epiphany extensions, what to do next

Gustavo Noronha wrote:
> I've discussed with racarr about enabling Seed to attach to the
> javascript context of webkit itself, which would enable us to make
> arbitrary GObjects available as javascript objects for the page to use,
> and use the javascript objects available in a page in extensions. I am
> not sure this counts as a pro for this specific problem, though, since I
> am not really familiar with how current extensions are limited.

This sounds rather risky to me, a security nightmare actually.  Unless
you had a bunch of proxy objects that could act as security brokers, I
wouldn't want page javascript interacting at all with Epiphany's
internal gobjects.

I certainly hope that python isn't permanently displaced by seed.  As
extension languages go, Python is really nice.  Javascript is flexible
and powerful, but its syntax grates on me.