Re: Debain Lenny, Epiphany, two issues: open link in tabs, wide screen

On 2009/06/04 20:23 (GMT-0700) Mike B. composed:

> 2. I use a wide screen monitor. Epiphany displays some websites centred
> in the screen and does not use the full width. In such cases the
> webpage is only displayed correctly using tiny font settings (below 5)
> which is illegible. Is there a way to force Epiphany to use the full
> width?.

You should test such pages in another browser or two. If the page is narrowly
displayed in them too, the fault is in (very common) clueless and/or rude web
design, which there's no practical way to deal with in Epiphany. Some other
browsers provide a view or other menu option to disable site styles, which
both enlarges the mousetype to your system settings size, and removes the
page's width constraint. That option usually makes the pages usable, but also
usually boring to look at.

http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/bbcSS.html demonstrates the narrow width problem you
describe. It can be used as a reference when complaining to site owners about
their stupid designs.
--
"Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/