Re: Porting of Python extensions?

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Timothy P. Horton<hortont424 gmail com> wrote:
> On 2009.07.02, at 01:29, Magnus Therning wrote:
>
> Timothy P. Horton wrote:
>
> I'm fairly sure that means that you need to build gir-repository, as well.
> That's where Gtk gir generation is.
>
> Ah, thanks, that saved me from an unfruitful build of of gtk+ :-)
>
> *Eventually* that will be necessary (once it moves into Gtk), but not yet.
> Hopefully by that point introspection is very commonplace, though.

I hope by that time my distro of choice (Arch) will ship with a Gtk+
package that includes it.  Compiling Gtk+ is somewhat painful due to
it requiring a specific version of auto* (1.7 I think it said), while
Arch only seems to provide the latest version (1.11).  I might be
missing something though :-)

> The build is still in progress but at least I got past that particular
> point.
>
> Good luck! (also, you're welcome to harass me directly if you have Seed
> problems once things get working; I'm one of the devs)

Thanks, I'm sure I'll take you up on that offer ;-)

/M