Installation of the latest Epiphany Mozilla based version

I had the experience of trying to upgrade to the latest version distro Mandriva 2009.0 using the Add and Remove in the Control Panel. Even when I uninstalled the older version installed with the installation disk, it would not upgrade. It said Sorry unable to Upgrade; I think with other programmes.

I removed the tick to uninstall as Mandriva instructs, I still couldn't upgrade even after a log out and login once again. So I ticked the box to install the Mandriva 2009.0 installation disk version and reinstalled it.

Later I received a notification that Updates were available, amongst them was the latest version of Epiphany.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I have a feeling this is more of a Harddrake problem than caused by Epiphany.

Moshe