"Save as" tilde error

Hi,

Every so often in gconf the key "/apps/epiphany/directories/save" has a value something like:  "~Documents"  so when i try saving a file or image the file dialog will complain that the location is invalid.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this apart from removing all the epiphany related config files in my home directory. Has anyone else had this problem?

oh yeah, and i've tried changing the gconf key, but it just happens again straight away :S

Thanks,
Rob