Re: window/tab/plugin process isolation

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Jon Dowland <jon+epiphany alcopop org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Google's windows browser "Chrome" has an architecture whereby each individual
> tab and window is running in a separate OS process. A side-effect of this
> architecture is they can support moving frames between tabs within a window and
> separate windows, much like older epiphany releases.
>
> Are there any plans for this in epiphany, and if not, would they be considered?

Hi,

this is a neat idea, and everybody would like the whole brower not to
crash when flash does so, but there's two problems:

- For now we have more than enough to do just to be feature-complete
(compared to ephy/gecko). There's a lot to do and not that many
contributors.
- Doing one-process per tab requires major changes both in WebKit
(although I guess we could take code from Chrome) and epiphany, so
it's something that needs to be analyzed carefully.