Re: an error when configuring Epiphany (No gecko found)

2009/2/16 刘富国 <lfg831207 gmail com>:
> hi:
> here is the error I got when I input ./configure in the command line:
> configure: error: No gecko found; you may need to adjust PKG_CONFIG_PATH or
> install a mozilla/firefox/xulrunner -devel package
>
> I don't know how to adjust PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
> So built xulrunner and installed xulrunner.but I still got the same error !

Hi !
You have to know if you have a file named "libxul-unstable.pc".
It must be provided by a package such as "libxulrunner-unstable-devel"
(as called in MandrivaLinux).
If you built and installed xulrunner by yourself, the
libxul-unstable.pc is _perhaps_ in your /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
directory. If it is there, you have to say to the pkg-config program
that there is another place to check for libraries : just type
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
then restart ./configure

Hope this helps,

Nicolas
(Strasbourg, France)