Re: Highlights of epiphany-webkit status?

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 20:25 +0300, Xan wrote:

> That should just work I think. I tried to compile trunk to test it but
> it just happened to be broken at that moment, though :)

Well, I just got the webkit and epiphany trunk compiled.  I can see that
you guys have been busy!

text resized does not work (Works now)
ignores proxy settings (I'll set up a proxy later and report back.)
find in page does not work (Not only does it work, but *highlight all*
works and is the default! Hurray!)
cannot open links in new tabs (Not fixed yet.)
print menu doesn't work (Works now. And really prints. Print preview
works, too.)
cannot open links in new window (Not fixed yet.)
no help if yelp not installed (Not fixed yet. Is this really a problem?)
keyword search doesn't work (Not fixed yet.)
doesn't store cookies (Not fixed yet.)
spelling/grammar functions don't work (Not sure how to test this.)
remember passwords doesn't work (Not fixed yet.)

This exceeds my most optimistic expectations.

Sunspider results:

Epiphany-Webkit = 1495 ms
Epiphany-Gecko (Gecko 1.9 from Ubuntu Intrepid) = 3214 ms

Are these improvements going to make it into Epiphany-Webkit for Gnome
2.24?

-Steve