Re: Printing odd number of pages in 2-up

On 2/27/08, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org> wrote:
Hi;

Le mercredi 27 février 2008 à 11:50 +0000, Magnus Therning a écrit :

> I've recently noticed that whenever I from epiphany print a page 2-up
> and it ends up with a single page on the side of the last sheet then
> that page is dropped, e.g. Joel Spolsky's article[1] ends up being
> three pages, if I print it 2-up in epiphany then I end up with only
> the first two pages (on the first side of the sheet).  If I print it
> 1-up then all three print just fine.  If I print it to file and then
> open that file in evince (Gnome's document viewer) and print it 2-up
> in there, then I get all three pages.  Since iceweasel doesn't support
> printing 2-up I haven't been able to compare its behaviour to
> epiphany's.
>
> I suspect this is a bug in epiphany itself and not in Gnome's printing
> (since evince prints just fine), but there are so many components
> involved that I'd like to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same
> problem.

Epiphany doesn't print n-up itself; it must be a printer driver/filter
that's doing the processing. That's where I guess the bug lies...

Yes, that would have been my suspicion as well, except that no other Gnome apps that use the Gnome printing dialogue seems to suffer from this.  So, since it seems epiphany is unique I suspect the fault is there rather than anywhere else.

/M