Enquiry about usage of Epiphany on Kubuntu.

Dear Sirs:

First of all, I must say that I am not a regular Linux user, not even a casual user, I am a Windows user that took advantage from the new Ubuntu 8.04 version that can be installed (and uninstalled) as just another Windows application, so it lets me have a peek into Linux in an easy way.

(I must remain a Windows user because all the software that use for work is Windows-based.)

Now, I first installed Ubuntu (not Kubuntu) in my notebook, and then installed Epiphany on it, and everything worked fine. Epiphany works OK in Ubuntu.

Then I had to have my notebook inactive for a week or so, so I decided to install, in the meantime, Linux in my desktop computer using the same installer, wubi.exe.

This installation program (wubi.exe) gives me the chance of installing several flavors of Linux, and my son, who is a Linux user, convinced me to try this time with Kubuntu, another installation alternative, which I did.

So far, so good. (Or mostly so good.:-) But, when installing Epiphany, not from your webpage but from the Kubuntu packet handler, I then found that when willing to run it, Epiphany would not start, giving an error message that reads:

**Failed to execute dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session.**

I don't know what dbus is, neither do I know what a D-Bus session is, but what I know is that it was absolutely impossible for me to find anything alike in the Kubuntu packet installer (sorry, I am now in Windows and do not remember right now the name of the installer) and whatever I tried did not work.

Therefore, would you kindly let me know what can I do to finally be able to run Epiphany in Kubuntu, which I think is a KDE environment?

I will await your comments with interest and thank you in advance for your input.

Best regards,

Jorge Gorín
Buenos Aires
Argentina