Re: conflict between python console extension and my own

Hi;

Le lundi 12 novembre 2007 à 17:29 +0000, Jon Dowland a écrit :
> I've written a simple extension that captures new tab events
> and transforms them into new window events, effectively
> disabling tabs. It's available at
> <http://alcopop.org/code/epiphany/> but at it's core is
> just:
>
> 	from epiphany import Window
>
> 	def attach_tab(window,tab):
> 		if len(window.get_tabs()) > 1:
> 		new_win = Window()
> 		window.remove_tab(tab)
> 		new_win.add_tab(tab,0,0)
> 		new_win.show()

This will not work. The attach_tab function must not remove the tab from
the window and it must not destroy the window. Also, moving tabs from
one window to another triggers a bug in gecko (which is why epiphany
doesn't offer "Detach tab" anymore).

> When I have this extension loaded alongside the python
> console, each window destruction (even if no new tabs have
> been created) results in
>
> 	sys:1: GtkWarning: gtk_window_group_remove_window: assertion
> 	`GTK_IS_WINDOW_GROUP (window_group)' failed

This is a debian-only bug in their xulrunner package (they include a
broken patch).

Regards,
	Christian