Re: Using Bookmark editor as a favourites list.

Hello William,

Op woensdag 21-03-2007 om 11:09 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef William
Case:

> I have developed the habit of leaving my epiphany bookmark editor open
> on my desktop or iconified on my lower gnome panel.  I use it for quick
> access to often used web sites and prefer that method to using epiphany
> bookmarks on the toolbar.

In fact that is the way the Bookmarks editor was meant to be used. :)
There is a reason the bookmarks editor by default has its own launcher
icon in the GNOME menu (stupidly removed by many distros,
unfortunately). The very first Epiphany releases didn't even have a
Bookmarks menu, if I recall correctly.

> 1) How can I make the session manager recognize and remember the open
> state of the editor.  If epiphany has to be opened in the background on
> logging in so be it.  I expect that it does.

If you go to the Sessions window in the GNOME control center and add
'epiphany -b' to the programs to start (first tab), I think you have
what you want.

> 2) If the above can be done, how can I set it to remember it was in an
> iconified state on my lower panel.  I haven't decided yet, but perhaps I
> would like to set it up so that it always opens iconified when I login.

I'm not sure if the session manager can do that.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen