Re: Firefox plugins in Epiphany

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 23:03 +0000, Olafur Arason wrote:
> I think a better system would be to stub the XPCom function
> and implement those that the extension use and use
> dbus to communicate. Because firefox is better at handling
> there extensions.

I think the better system is to rewrite the extensions. I have yet to
port a well-engineered Firefox extension. My opinion is that Epiphany's
extensions should strive to be of better quality and reliability than
their Firefox counterparts.

PyXPCOM would help immensely with porting extensions *very* easily.
Unfortunately, on Ubuntu at least, the python-xpcom package is missing a
vital component at the moment. Everything is technically feasible, and
the hard parts have been written. It just comes down to some skilled C
hacker taking a day or two to package everything together.

--
Adam Hooper
adamh densi com