Re: VDQ Bugzilla

Op zondag 11-03-2007 om 19:40 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Beartooth:
> With some hesitation, I recently let my updater install a "bug-buddy" --
> from Gnome, I think -- under FC6, because I have neither the technical
> competence to file a decent bug report, nor any prospect of getting it
> (nor yet any interest; sorry).

When you report a bug with bug-buddy, it gets filed in Bugzilla. (See
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ ) This makes sure that developers don't lose
bugreports. If the status of a bug you filed changes, you will get an
e-mail notification of it. For example, if the bug had already been
filed then it will be marked DUPLICATE by one of the members of the
GNOME bug squad.

> Now I keep getting emails -- not only when anything fails, but a lot of
> other times, too, it seems to me -- which have each obviously had the
> attention of a human being. All (I think) of them have to do with
> epiphany.
>
> Are these things actually any help, or just a bother? If more the latter
> than the former, I'll gladly get rid of the bug-buddy.

The e-mails are meant to inform you of any progress made in fixing the
problem that caused the bug. Sometimes, more information will be needed
and you will be asked to provide it. You may choose to ignore the
request or unsubscribe from the bug if you think the mails are a bother,
however this certainly won't help getting the bug fixed. Even if you're
not able to provide additional information you can say so in the bug's
comment field. This will help with cleaning up incomplete bug reports
from the database.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen