Re: Cookie handling in (Python) extensions

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 02.03.2007, 13:44 +0100 schrieb Christian Persch:
> I just tried setting the lifetimePolicy to 1, and on visiting a site
> that wants to set a cookie, the cookie prompt shows up (a XUL window,
> not a native window). But clicking any buttons in the dialogue didn't
> close it, only closing with the window close button had any effect. This
> seems to be like bug 393837 for the certificate manager; and I've never
> found out what's causing that...

Well yes, ever since 2.14 (I think, don't hold me to that) the hangs are
gone but the dialogue doesn't respond to clicks. Same thing happening
here, I just forgot to mention that.

> > Now, I can list all cookies and so on via the CookieManager but I don't
> > know how to hook into the process when a website requests one.
>
> I think what you need to do is to implement a native cookie prompt
> service; see galeon's galeon/mozilla/CookiePromptService.cpp code for
> how to.

Let me guess... This means I can't do it as an extension in Python (or
at all?), can I?

Cheers,
  Chris