Starting Epiphany & Tabs

Hi all,
Epiphany is fantastic, but I have a question.
When I start epiphany the first time, it goes to my homepage (set to
google), but the location bar remains blank.  This is good as I can
then type in an address if I want to, or I can use my homepage.

When I open a new tab or window, however, the behaviour is different:
it loads my homepage but fills in its address in the location bar.
This is not so good 'cos I can't type into the location bar without
extra deletions, etc.  This is epiphany 2.18.2, and I am sure this
behaviour has changed since 2.16, which used to always have a blank
location bar in a new tab or window (I think).

Is there something I can do to revert the behaviour?
Thanks,
gav.

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/