Re: History/bookmarks preview (and some craziness)

Hey,

On 12/11/06, Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk> wrote:
> IMHO the really hard part is (1). If there's really the will to do it
> I think we should take it into consideration together with the plan to
> move towards a sqlite/ephy-data-server model and try to get everything
> together for 2.20. I mean, if we are going to do crack, let's do it
> properly :)

(1) is easy enough to do with Tracker (which is already similiar to EDS
and is an sqlite/Dbus daemon) but it requires tracker to get into Gnome
2.18 either as a package or as a dependency before we can use it in
epiphany. We wont know the outcome of that until end of January so yeah
2.20 would be the earliest. (Tracker can be used a stand alone metadata
server without any indexing so it wont conflict with those that dont
want an indexer or those that prefer to use Beagle for indexing)

The last point is really interesting (hey, it only took me a couple of
months to notice!). If we can use Tracker as a standalone metadata
store without forcing everyone to use it as an indexer then I think it
might be worth trying an experimental branch of ephy porting the
bookmarks/history storage from EphyNode to Tracker. Would you be
interested in helping with this? :)

I'm testing tracker right now in my laptop and having a look at the
source code, let's see how it goes.

Cheers, Xan

(3) tracker can provide the stats/data for such a widget. Hopefully
theres an existing graph widget from gnumeric that can be adapted for
this purpose (column chart?)

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/