Re: About middle-clicks, deciding on bug 376013

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 18:23 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We have bug #376013[0], the bug proposes to change the behaviour of
> toolbar buttons to open tabs on foreground when middle clicking them
> (like back, forward, etc).
> That would mean that when the user middle-clicks Back he/she would get
> a new tab _in the foreground-, the usual behaviour of middle-clicking
> a link would still be to open tabs on the background.
>
> This was discussed months ago[1] but no strong decision was made, I
> would like everyone's opinion so we can decide on this one.
>
> In my opinion, I prefer to keep the current behaviour, see my comments
> on the bug[0].
>
> Greetings!

No strong feelings either way, but if I was forced to choose at the
point of a gun, I'd say I agree with you ... keep the current behavior.
That's only because I tend to find tabs opening in the foreground kinda
disruptive.  Even if it's my intention to switch to the newly opened tab
right away, I still prefer it to open in the background.  But I can live
with it either way.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions