Re: What is Epiphany's role now?

Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
If someone could detail what needs to be added to or removed from the source in order to get people to stop complaining about it being non-free software, I would love to be made aware and get this resolved upstream.

There's a full list here:
http://gnuzilla.gnu.org/fulltree/iceweasel-1.5.0.7-g2/remove.nonfree

I see some comments, but alot of files have no explanation as to why they are being removed. Can someone write up what each file is and why it is non-compliant with the DSFG for me? This would make dealing with it a much easier task. Going to them with a list of files probably isn't going to work as well as a list of issues and what files have said issues.

The problem is that the Mozilla Corporation doesn't allow people to
remove some of these files (specifically, the ones with the Firefox
logo), but they are still not free according to the DFSG.

But if they were not in the tarball to begin with, I presume there would be no issue. Newer versions in CVS HEAD at least allow for a --with-branding-dir= flag (or something similar, I forget the exact name) at configure time, which would make doing this easier.

would be a big step in solving the issues
the GNU and Debian projects have with Mozilla.

I'd love to get to this point.