Re: epiphany-list Digest, Vol 29, Issue 16

Thanks.

Sounds like we are talking about he same thing.  Force target="_blank_"
links into new tabs, but leave popups alone.

IIRC, FF introduced this in 1.0.x as an about:config option.

In 1.5 they were confident enough to make it a full fledged option in
edit->preferences

I just checked, and in 2.0rc1 it is the default setting.  And the FF
devs have as much experience with tabbed browsing best practices as
anyone, I'd say.

Tabbed browsing just makes matters worse if it descends into this sort
of mess:

"Hmmm.  I know that what I want is in a tab... somewhere.  It's one of
the tabs in one of these browser windows..."

Forcing new windows into tabs means that you can just go to your browser
window and pick the proper tab from there.  Keeps the window list clean,
and all your pages are collected into tabs all in one place.

-Steve