Re: Linky-style extension in Python

Yes, there is a python-xpcom package in edgy. It's installable and a
priori usable.

And as the maintainer is Mike Hommey (glandium-at-debian-dot-org), the
package may be available in Debian Sid too ! Below are the package
specifications. If the hardest work was evangelism, then it seems done
(at least for some of the major distributions, but the other would
follow if epiphany ships python-xpcom based extensions).

Is the patch for epiphany integration available somewhere ? I could take
a look, but don't hope too much, I've not coded in C for 8 years now...
since the computer science courses are over... ;-)

yachar pc:~$ sudo apt-cache show python-xpcom

Maintainer: Mike Hommey <glandium debian org>
Version: 1.8.0.4-2

 PyXPCOM allows for communication between Python and XPCOM, such that a
 Python application can access XPCOM objects, and XPCOM can access any
 Python class that implements an XPCOM interface.
 With PyXPCOM, a developer can talk to XPCOM or embed Gecko from a
 Python application. PyXPCOM is similar to JavaXPCOM (Java-XPCOM bridge)
 or XPConnect (JavaScript-XPCOM bridge).

 Install this package if you wish to access XPCOM objects from Python,
or
 want to use Python components from XPCOM.

 Homepage: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/pyxpcom

Le dimanche 17 septembre 2006 �9:39 +0200, Steve Fr�naux a �it :