Re: Linky-style extension in Python

On Wed, 2006-18-10 at 23:58 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> On 10/18/06, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:

>         Yeah, I kinda gave up on this. Here's why:
>
>         To get that support linked in, we would need to convert our
>         nsISupports
>         (XPCOM objects) to PyObjects. In PyXPCOM (firefox source:
>         extensions/python/xpcom/src/PyXPCOM.h) this is possible in
>         Py_nsISupports::PyObjectFromInterface().
>
>         Unfortunately, PyXPCOM.h is a private header, and that method
>         is not
>         exported anywhere.
>

> Hi,
>
> PyXPCOM.h seem to be exported on the trunk... Is that what we need?
>
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/extensions/python/xpcom/src/Makefile.in

Ooh! I didn't look at trunk, I was looking at the source code as
packaged within Ubuntu -- firefox-1.99+2.0rc2+dfsg.

It looks promising, for sure. If there's a way for us to link against
the PyXPCOM stuff in Mozilla (I don't know enough about Mozilla's
Makefile.in to know without compiling it, but it seems likely since
PyXPCOM.h is exported) then we're set!

I have no free time these days, but when I do I'll be sure to look into
this more. In the meantime, if anybody else finds a way to link to
PyXPCOM and wants to integrate into Epiphany's Python bindings, I'd be
glad to help.

Adam