Re: What means this failure??

On Sat, 06 May 2006 12:02:33 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> On Fri, 5 May 2006, Beartooth wrote:

>> There are two other things of the Main Menu, in FC5 that seem relevant :
>> one called Services, which requires root's password, and Sessions, which
>> doesn't. Sessions let me type in dbus-x11, and Services wouldn't.
>
> ..it appears that the one that requires the root password is the one you
> need.
[...]
>> I tried the file command on the first few and the last two. It looks
>> like the first is the only executable; so I copied it into Services,
>> which now shows something called messagebus, running.
>
> You "copied" it into Services? How?

Bad wording: I meant I copied the filename; and I just checked -- it now
says the dbus-daemon is running. But Epiphany still fails. It's now
epiphany-2.14.1-1.fc5.2, btw.

Also btw, my Main Menu fails to show mozilla; but rpm -q gives
mozilla-1.7.13-1.1.fc5 -- dunno if that's relevant ...

> If you have the latest dbus installed and running, I don't see how that
> could happen. Have you tried asking on a Fedora-specific forum?

Not yet; since the problem seems to affect only Epiphany (not Galeon,
for instance; I haven't been able to launch mozilla), I thought it more
likely specific to Epiphany, and started here. I guess I better start over
on gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general -- a/o my local LUG ...

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
FC5; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;