Re: What means this failure??

Hello Beartooth,

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Beartooth wrote:

Neither slocate nor whereis, nor yet locate, gives me any output for Gnome-system-tools. I tried the GUI searcher, and it doesn't either.

Okay, maybe they don't have it on Fedora. Most distros have some sort of configuration tool for the system services though...

There are two other things of the Main Menu, in FC5 that seem relevant :
one called Services, which requires root's password, and Sessions, which
doesn't. Sessions let me type in dbus-x11, and Services wouldn't.

..it appears that the one that requires the root password is the one you need.

I tried the file command on the first few and the last two. It looks like the first is the only executable; so I copied it into Services, which now shows something called messagebus, running.

You "copied" it into Services? How?

But I *still* get the error instead of Epiphany opening!

If you have the latest dbus installed and running, I don't see how that could happen. Have you tried asking on a Fedora-specific forum?

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778