Re: Configuring File Associations when not running full-blown Gnome desktop

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 10:02 +0100, Ashley Hooper wrote:
> Can someone tell me the definitive place to config file associations?  Also, if
> it's not a plain text file (e.g. if its somewhere in the Gconf tree), what
> tool/s I'll need to modify them.

Gnome (like XFCE and ROX) uses the fd.o Shared MIME Info spec
<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards/shared-mime-info-spec> for
obtaining MIME info. Have a read, the tutorials might in particular be
useful.

Alternatively, you could use something the ROX MIME Editor
<http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/MIME-Editor>.

/Mike

--
✌ michael gratton, itinerant geek