Re: CC license viewer inclusion in epiphany-extensions

On 7/31/06, Jaime Frutos Morales <acidborg gmail com> wrote:
IMHO it is better to just show a "CC" icon for every kind of license
instead of showing all the license's features as icons.

The reason is that users can easily associate the CC icon with a
Creative Commons license and then, if they're interested in reading
the license details, they just have to click on the CC icon to read
the license deed. I don't like to have an overcrowded statusbar, so a
single icon can do the trick.

What do the rest of the developers think about this?

Cc is trying to emphasize branding of individual licenses, and
communicate that all licenses are not equal. This push is still in the
planning stages, but it would be good to be ready for it, I believe.

Luis (very excited to see ths- will contribute more to the gnome-cc
discussion when my move is complete.)

--
Jaime Frutos Morales
Systems Engineer