Help with an extension

Hi guys

Now that extensions are mentioned, I thought I could ask for help for
mine.

I was asked to write a Server-spy[0] clone[1] by a friend, everything
was fine with the writing, I used python for it.
The extensions does the following:
1. When location is changed, it does a HEAD request to the server
2. When you switch tabs, the statusbar updates with the proper info for
the tab.

There's one problem with this: Epiphany will wait in (1) (and make the
UI freeze) until the HEAD request finishes, that means that you would
wait double the normal loading time. This also makes loading info for
tabs in the background impossible because they would froze everything,
more than 5 tabs or a tab with a slow server and Ephy is frozen.

I have tried using asyncore python module to make it async but seems
that it doesn't work neither (asyncore.loop() doesn't sound good).

BTW, I'm using python methods to get the server info because as far as I
understood mozilla info is not available to python bindings and I guess
that would include a possible 'mozilla_give_me_the_damn_server_version'
method. :)

Any help?

[0] - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2036/
[1] - http://diego.aureal.com.pe/stuff/epiphany/server-spy.tar.bz2

--
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
then they fight you, then you win"  -Ghandi

http://diego.aureal.com.pe . http://diegoe.blogspot.com
http://barsafan.wordpress.com . http://www.lifewithubuntu.com