Re: What about the epiphany date server/bookmarks db

Is tracker supporting tags ?

I agree, it is a stupid question. :)

Well we'd better deal about the epiphany case first.

the new bookmark system should be implemented in parallel or create a
generic set of API to query a desktop wide database and let
people/distro choose one (beagle/tracker/... ?). "standardised" API ?

---

What is a bookmark :
- URI
- NAME
- Tags

URI maybe a lot of thing ftp, http, but also lastfm, radio, webtv,
podcast, rss... ?

as it may be harder to to process each URI, it should be in different
table: one table per 'protocol'.

We need to analyse history to build an intelligent desktop.

History elements would be just special bookmarks (with a special tag ?)

Tracker may process regularly history to build its 'intelligence'.

Intelligence must be subdomains aware but not assumes that I love
http://www.livejournal.com/ if I regularly go to
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/ (if I haven't livejournal.com in my
bookmarks it isn't a problem)