Re: Re:Bookmarks and searches

Hi Adam;

I realize your response contained a smiley, but all joking aside:

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 00:26 -0500, Adam Hooper wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:54 -0500, William Case wrote:
> > I came to using it when I realized, my web life splits into two parts.
> > 1) Browsing (in its plain language sense) i.e. playing around,
> > curiosity, random searches and sharing pictures etc. etc. etc.  For
> > that, I want a full featured browser like Firefox.
>
> What features does Firefox have with regards to this that Epiphany
> doesn't? We could make Epiphany cater to your every need, and that would
> *really* solve the problem :).

Then, give me two Epiphany configurations.  My point was, I like and
want something that is quick, clean and efficient when I am "working".
An Epiphany with a fully loaded toolbar, extra menu items, extra
toolbars, more features is what I am trying to avoid.  Currently using
two browsers I have two home pages.  The home page on Firefox is a busy
multi-framed home supplied by my cable IP that gives me local news,
weather, scores etc. etc. and takes a few seconds to load.  The home
page I use for Epiphany is google/linux, clean and simple, and then I
usually avoid it by using bookmarks as a launcher.

If I really had my way I would strip Epiphany down even more, not add
features.  No disrespect meant to Epiphany development, but what is
wrong with using two different dedicated browsers.  As long as they are
both better than Windows IE. Firefox and Epiphany are not deep in
competition, are they?  If they are then give me Epiphany I that I can
set up to do one thing and Epiphany II that I can set up to do another.

Regards Bill