Re: epiphany bookmarks

Hello Brian,

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Brian L Scipioni wrote:

I know there are theories of the optimal human factors properties of
bookmark management, but the most frustrating part of my switch from
Galeon to Epiphany is the alphabetical bookmarks.

I must say that I deeply doubt that "optimal human factors properties" bookmarks played a role of significant importance in the decision to display bookmarks alphabetically sorted. =)

I find the most useful organization (within a bookmark subcategory) is historical, i.e., the order in which the bookmarks were saved.

We are considering merging bookmarks and history, and a historical order would probably come for free with that. Please take a look at http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany_2fBookmarksHistoryIntegration and tell us what you think of it!

other info I was working on at that time. I am running Epiphany 1.4.9.

Unless you are using an ancient distro I suggest that you upgrade to a more recent version. The 1.8 series is the latest stable one.

If you have any other feedback, please feel free to post it! :-)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778