Re: Download folder

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 00:28 +1100, Michael Ward wrote:
> When you say "auto-open", what exactly does that mean?  Opening a new
> window that only blinks in the window list (e.g. with focus stealing
> prevention) might be acceptable.

If epiphany opens nautilus in the background in the download folder (and
not more than once (ie. if an instance of nautilus is already on the
folder just make it blink)) i would be happy. If any of the conditions
above is not satisfied it will quickly become annoying.

> Does Epiphany already have some kind of notification system that so the
> user can tell when a download is complete?  Firefox has a toaster pop-up
> with a link to the downloads window.  I expect most people have already
> seen this.  Is there interest in having Epiphany generate a DBUS event
> and writing something that listens for it?

Could we use libnotify ? So we get those ugly popups when a long (more
than a minute for example) finishes ?

Raf