Re: (Removal of) Most visited in Go menu

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 04:33:30PM +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently the suggestion was brought up on IRC to ditch the 'Most
>visited' bookmarks in the Go menu because their purpose is not very
>clear and for most people it's a mystery why some bookmarks show up
>there and others don't. I'm posting about it on the list because I
>don't like the subject to be forgotten again.
>
>Of course it could be discussed if the bookmarks in the Go menu should
>be replaced by some other category, but this will not be feasible for
>2.14. My suggestion is the bookmarks can simply be removed from the Go
>menu. But I would like to know if there are scenarios that I didn't
>think of where this feature is an absolute life saver? Or does everyone
>agree that it is unnecessary to keep?

I've been using Epiphany exclusively for the last 9 months or so and
I've never used that part of the Go menu. I must admit I didn't even
know it was a list of "Most visited" bookmarks :-) I won't miss it at
all.

/M

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Unsolicited commercial electronic mail sent to this address will be
proofread at a cost of $200/hour (one half-hour minimum).