Re: On ArchLinux: Python problems, possibly a bug

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 00:12 +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I just fired off the email below to the ArchLinu user list. Maybe people
> on this list have some insights as well...
>
> python: 2.4.2
> epiphany: 1.8.3
> epiphany-extensions: 1.8.2
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:05:49 +0000
> Subject: Python problems, possibly a bug
> From: Magnus Therning <magnus therning org>
> To: Arch Linux Discussion <arch archlinux org>
>
> After the update today one of my epiphany plugins stopped working. An
> exception is thrown and this is the stack trace:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_random.so: undefined symbol: _PyArg_NoKeywords
>
> Due to its location it looks like a python problem.
>
> Anyone else running into this?
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Epiphany 1.8.3-2 on archlinux is built against Python 2.4.1 I guess.
Also, the pygtk defs files are in the wrong directory, they're installed
in /opt/gnome, while pygtk keeps them in /usr.
I don't know about the extensions package, but it could be that one
isn't even rebuilt for the firefox 1.5 update, which could be
problematic.

New packages for epiphany and epiphany-extensions have been uploaded,
hope these problems are fixed.