Re: [arch] On ArchLinux: Python problems, possibly a bug

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 02:15:41PM +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
>On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 00:12 +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> I just fired off the email below to the ArchLinu user list. Maybe people
>> on this list have some insights as well...
>>
>> python: 2.4.2
>> epiphany: 1.8.3
>> epiphany-extensions: 1.8.2
>>
>> ----- Forwarded message from Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> -----
>>
>> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:05:49 +0000
>> Subject: Python problems, possibly a bug
>> From: Magnus Therning <magnus therning org>
>> To: Arch Linux Discussion <arch archlinux org>
>>
>> After the update today one of my epiphany plugins stopped working. An
>> exception is thrown and this is the stack trace:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_random.so: undefined symbol: _PyArg_NoKeywords
>>
>> Due to its location it looks like a python problem.
>>
>> Anyone else running into this?
>> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
>Epiphany 1.8.3-2 on archlinux is built against Python 2.4.1 I guess.
>Also, the pygtk defs files are in the wrong directory, they're
>installed in /opt/gnome, while pygtk keeps them in /usr.
>I don't know about the extensions package, but it could be that one
>isn't even rebuilt for the firefox 1.5 update, which could be
>problematic.
>
>New packages for epiphany and epiphany-extensions have been uploaded,
>hope these problems are fixed.

Those packages took care of the problem.

/M

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
     -- Quote from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs