Re: [Usability] Requesting mini-UI review for Epiphany toolbar patch

On 2/19/06, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

> Both the before and after versions of the View ->
> Toolbars menu are inconsistent.
>
> If a 'Show...' item has a tick, then it's something
> that is currently visible, and I untick to hide it.
> When it's hidden, the tick is gone and the menu item
> text is the same, 'Show....'.
>
> But the main control (the after version) seems to be a
> menu toggle, where if it's hidden the text reads
> 'Show...' and if it's visible, the text reads
> 'Hide...'.
>
> You're mixing two types of menu control here.
> I would put 'Show Toolbars' at the top of the submenu,
> and when it is unticked, grey out the individual items
> beneath it but keep their ticks.

I think these are before and after the patch was applied.  i.e. the
"before" pictures are how the Epiphany menus previously appeared, and
the "after" pictures are how they appear now.

How about changing "hide toolbars" to "hide all toolbars" to make it
abundantly clear this is an action and to distinguish it from the
"show xyz" menu entries above it?

--
Simon Howard
http://www.soulsphere.org/