Re: Epipahny feedback

Snip snippy snippo

On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 02:11 +0100, AMAZIGH Aneglus wrote:

> On 12/30/06, Gregor <aguafuertes compuserve de> wrote:
>         Hi everybody,
>
>         inspired by a thread in the german Ubuntu forum
>         (www.ubuntuusers.de) I
>         decided to install Epiphany. I have to say that I'm really
>         impressed
>         with it so far, especially regarding speed and responsiveness
>         in
>         comparison to FF.
>
> I think that speed and responsiveness are not the most important
> because with a with any bleeding edge Pentium 10^99 you won't see any
> difference. Epiphany is tailored, it's like a gems compared to the
> firefox stone :)
Responsiveness and speed are hell important, actually I still theorize
that some developers should be forced to work in 128 RAM and 900 Mhz so
they are forced by situation to make everything perform better.
This happened to water and the planet, since we had a lot we didn't
optimized.

> Best features:
> - Ad Blocker (Extension): Faster than Firefox' one.
A glory, it just works. I never get the FF one to work.

> - Tab Groups (Extension): Too good too be true ! (not seen in FF)
Mostly unnoticed, as they say "the best midfielder is the one you don't
notice" same for features.

> - Shift+Click : Direct Download whatever you want (not seen in FF)
Rocks

> - Ctrl+Click : Open new Tabs (never understood which combination of
> click opens new tab in FF)
That's also in Firefox

> - Ctrl+Enter in the location open up a new tab :) simply beautiful !
> (not seen in FF)
>
> Most important: when one create a tab it shares the history of it
> parent page...
>
> Of course it lakes some dev-features but for average people it's
> enough.
>
> The big issue with epiphany is the downloader... even if it renames
> correctly same named files... sometimes if find broken downloaded
> files, I mean epiphany did not finish the download.
We are looking forward to use Mathusalem by Steve Fr�naux:
http://tw.apinc.org/weblog/2006/08/22#summer-of-code-ended-mathusalem-continued

> this is not the right place to make some epiphany propaganda but
> simply thanks for this peace of code :)
The list is to share everything about Epiphany, that includes propaganda
to control-copy :)

Greetings :)