Re: Epipahny feedback

On 12/30/06, Gregor <aguafuertes compuserve de> wrote:
Hi everybody,

inspired by a thread in the german Ubuntu forum (www.ubuntuusers.de) I
decided to install Epiphany. I have to say that I'm really impressed
with it so far, especially regarding speed and responsiveness in
comparison to FF.

I think that speed and responsiveness are not the most important because with a with any bleeding edge Pentium 10^99 you won't see any difference. Epiphany is tailored, it's like a gems compared to the firefox stone :)

Best features:
- Ad Blocker (Extension): Faster than Firefox' one.
- Tab Groups (Extension): Too good too be true ! (not seen in FF)
- Shift+Click : Direct Download whatever you want (not seen in FF)
- Ctrl+Click : Open new Tabs (never understood which combination of click opens new tab in FF)
- Ctrl+Enter in the location open up a new tab :) simply beautiful ! (not seen in FF)

Most important: when one create a tab it shares the history of it parent page...

Of course it lakes some dev-features but for average people it's enough.

The big issue with epiphany is the downloader... even if it renames correctly same named files... sometimes if find broken downloaded files, I mean epiphany did not finish the download.

this is not the right place to make some epiphany propaganda but simply thanks for this peace of code :)