Re: History/bookmarks preview (and some craziness)

Xan Lopez wrote:

As far as I can see the consequences of this, hacking it would imply
the following:
1. Integrating bookmarks and history
2. Integrating gnome-web-photo or at least copy-paste the relevant parts
3. Create a new window/widget based on f-spot that can be fed with a
set of images (as in f-spot) obtained from a bookmarks or history
items range/set.
  3½. Document it! (or maybe make it available to other apps and not just Ephy)
4. Ask a mad amount of questions to everyone
5. Enjoy success

IMHO the really hard part is (1). If there's really the will to do it
I think we should take it into consideration together with the plan to
move towards a sqlite/ephy-data-server model and try to get everything
together for 2.20. I mean, if we are going to do crack, let's do it
properly :)

(1) is easy enough to do with Tracker (which is already similiar to EDS and is an sqlite/Dbus daemon) but it requires tracker to get into Gnome 2.18 either as a package or as a dependency before we can use it in epiphany. We wont know the outcome of that until end of January so yeah 2.20 would be the earliest. (Tracker can be used a stand alone metadata server without any indexing so it wont conflict with those that dont want an indexer or those that prefer to use Beagle for indexing)

(3) tracker can provide the stats/data for such a widget. Hopefully theres an existing graph widget from gnumeric that can be adapted for this purpose (column chart?)

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/