Re: Localisation of python plugin

Magnus Therning wrote:
It seems my localisation attempts on epilicious[1] fail miserably.  At
the moment I have the following code in the plugin:
How should I do it?

Here is how we do it in gedit-plugins [1] (following code is from the terminal plugin [2]):

import gettext
from gpdefs import *

gettext.bindtextdomain(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, GP_LOCALEDIR)
_ = lambda s: gettext.dgettext(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, s);

gpdefs (which stands for gedit-plugins definitions) is a file generated by configure, which basically plays the same role as config.h but for python.

I don't know if this approach is likely to work with Epiphany anyway, but I guess it should...

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gedit-plugins/
[2] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gedit-plugins/plugins/terminal/terminal.py?rev=1.8&view=markup [3] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gedit-plugins/plugins/gpdefs.py.in?rev=1.1&view=markup