Re: Question about extension inclusion?

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:28:31 +0200, Jaime Frutos Morales wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to add my Creative Commons license viewer extension to the
>epiphany's official extension pack for the 2.18 release cycle. Are
>there any requirements for that?

I'm not sure about this, but here's what I've done so far in my attempt
at getting epilicious into epiphany-extensions:

1. Compile epiphany from CVS in order to
2. compile epiphany-extensions from CVS.
3. "Plug" epilicious into the build structure used in
   epiphany-extensions.
4. Compile and install the modified epiphany-extensions to make sure
   epilicious installs properly.
5. Run the whole thing while crossing fingers.
6. Create a bug in GNOME's bugzilla and attach a patch.

Some extra tips:

- Don't try to compile all of GNOME from CVS just to get ephy to build.
  Instead use as much as possible from your distro.  Use 'jhbuild
  buildone' for the few things that you need out of CVS.
- At first I tried using quilt to keep track of my changes.  quilt
  turned out to be a bit of a pain for this though (probably due to me
  more than quilt itself).  I ended up simple checking out
  epiphany-extensions twice, running a 'diff -ruN' to create the patch
  for the bug.  (If I were to do this again I might try to use a VCS
  like bzr or darcs together with tailor for this.)

>Some people on this list said that the license icon should be different
>depending on the document's license (now it is ust a "CC").
>Do I have to change this to get it included?

I wouldn't know :-)

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of
enthusiastic about.
     -- Albert Einstein