Editing previous url from the urlbar drop down list

Hi,

I wonder if there is some keyboard shurtcut or setting to let me pick a
url from the urlbar dropdown list, and edit it *without* loading the
page.

I'd really like to have Firefox's default behavior, that is, if I
highlight an entry from the url bar list, it is automatically copied to
the url bar, and it can be edited.

I know I can click it, and the url gets copied... but then it also
starts loading. Maybe it's a stupid thing... but seriously, I've been
using Epiphany instead of Firefox in mi Ubuntu box for the past 6
months, and this is about the only thing I couldn't get used to.

I couldn't find an answer to this in the manual or in the FAQs, so I
decided to ask here.

I'm on Ubuntu 6.06, using the official Epiphany build (0.5.1)

Regards,

--
Mariano