Re: Bookmark dialog suggestions

På Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 04:50:48PM -0400, Andrew Conkling skrev:
> Mostly they have to do with the actual tagging of a bookmark.  Suppose
> I hit Ctrl+D to bookmark a URL.  I want to tag it with "awesome",
> "epiphany", "gnome", "extensions", "reference", "roxors", etc.  To do
> so in the topic field (for existing topics, I'm assuming here), I'd
> have to type "awe", Down, Enter, "epi", Down, Enter, etc.  To me, it
> would be more intuitive to press Tab to complete each topic, but I can
> understand that not being the case in the context of GTK+.  (I'm
> assuming that's why.)  But pressing Down each time is not very
> convenient; could pressing Enter alone be used instead?

Actually, pressing Enter does exactly what you are saying: completion of the
current topic. It only works if there's only one match, though (otherwise
you'll end up with incorrect topics too easily).

> Also, when creating a new topic--for example "new"--I want the topic
> to be created automatically when adding a comma thereafter, instead of
> having to select "Create topic 'new'" beneath it.  Is there any reason
> this couldn't be done?

This is a deliberate choice: creation of topics will never be done
implicitly.

> By the way, I was pleasantly astounded when Epiphany asked me the
> other week if I wanted to update an outdated link that redirected
> somewhere else.  Kudos.

Thanks. It's all about the user experience... ;-)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

what it was that you had said to me :: like i care at all            -- tool